Sunday, July 04, 2010

THE BLIND SIDE by Michael Lewis – Book Review

The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I saw the movie starring Sandra Bullock first and loved her in it, and MONEYBALL has been sitting on my to-read list for a couple of years now. When I found out that the movie was actually based on a Michael Lewis book, I decided to read THE BLIND SIDE. I'm glad I did. The book is far superior to the movie, which is a bit too sentimental in hindsight.

Michael Lewis is a wonderful writer. At times his prose is so rhythmic that your pulse quickens as you visualize the action he describes on the football field. He writes his characters with respect and compassion. He does not get sappy (unlike the movie), but I still feel emotional enough to choke up at certain passages.  He has an honest voice that is not laced with hypocrisy.

I should be reading MONEYBALL soon.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: