Friday, May 09, 2008

Current and Upcoming

Just a few updates about a couple of shows I'm in or will be in...

The Pen and Brush juried black and white photography show in NYC

, juried by Roy DeCarava.
The Chair, Utah was chosen by DeCarava for the show. Roy DeCarava is a master black and white photographer and a good friend of poet Langston Hughes, with whom he jointly published a book The Sweet Flypaper of Life, chronicling the lives of Harlem residents. This show is located at the Pen and Brush Gallery, 16 East 10th Street in New York City. It'll be up from May 1-25, and the reception is tomorrow May 10th, at 4-6pm. Too bad I'll miss it. My first show in NYC!!!

The Northeast Prize Show, Cambridge, MA.

I just heard the news that my oil painting American Icons I: 492 Days was selected by Nicholas Baume, Chief Curator of the ICA Boston, to be included into the Cambridge Art Association's Northeast Prize show. I was so happy I cried. This show will be up from May 14-June 25, and the reception is on Friday, May 30, from 6-8pm.

No comments: